Dry Rot, Wet Rot & Woodworm
Without question, one of the most concerning risks of owning property is timber rot. Problems should be resolved as soon as possible.
Wood rot is caused by timber constantly being in contact with water. It is crucial to get this rot eradicated from your property because if left untreated it can cause havoc to your property as well as to your family’s health.
Wood rot can occur both on the inside and the outside of your property - on roofs, wooden decking and wooden sheds. To prevent wood rot it is first advisable to maintain proper guttering, downpipes and sufficient drainage.
How to tell if you have wood rot
Signs of wood rot or decay in the interior of your home include:
- Soft, dry, crumbly or brittle timber on window frames, window sills and door trims
- Discoloured wood
- Cracks in painted or sealed wood
- Shrinking and cracking of wood surfaces
- Wooden surrounds of water heaters and dishwashers
- Distorting of timber
- Distinct smell of damp or mould
- Timber damage underneath kitchen sinks & bathtub surrounds
Woodworm is a serious issue for any property owner in London, but solutions are available
What is woodworm?
Woodworm refers to the juvenile phase of numerous kinds of wood-boring bugs that flourish and multiply in wood. Unless the insects are found and eradicated, the insects will continue to eat away at your woodwork until the timber is no longer usable. Signs that you may have woodworm present in your home include:
- Beetles discovered dead or alive in and around the structure
- White coloured woodworm larvae found on your wooden surfaces
- Crumbly window sill edges
- Holes in woodwork
- Powdery dust found on sills
How much is woodworm treatment?
The woodworm treatment options available can vary in price, depending on the location, severity and type of property.
Our expert woodworm solutions team here at London Damp Proofing Ltd will need to pay you a visit at your London home or commercial building to assess the damage. We will correctly analyse the problem before being able to come up with a quote for a permanent solution.
For timber problems or any other damp issues you have, get in touch to discuss your requirements and organise an appointment with our team.