The basement or cellar is usually completely below ground level or partially below the ground. It has to remain at a constant temperature with a form of ventilation.
External basement tanking systems are normally put in when the basement is first built. An allowance needs to be made for water to be kept away from where the walls meet the floor since this is a weak spot. Commercial and residential customers may require basement taking if they have:
- Underground Car parking
- Wine storage facilities
- Coal storage facilities
- Storage of any type of materials
- Space for a Heating system
- Space for an Air conditioning system
There are many types of basements and therefore different basement tanking is needed, our expert team would need to come and assess your individual space and come up with a suitable solution for you.
For example, there are different scenarios which need different solutions within a basement:
- part of the floor could be lower which is true basement space and part of the floor could be above ground level with a door to the outside. Facilities would have to be put in place to prevent damp problems occurring in the future.
- Look-out basements have basement walls that extend about the ground level
- Walk-up basements have exterior entrances through stairwells with basement doors
- Underground crawl space is a type of basement where you cannot stand upright, it is usually used for storage.
Whatever type of basement or cellar you have in your home or commercial building, get in touch with our professional team at London Damp Proofing Ltd. They will easily be able to assess what basement tanking system needs to be incorporated into your property.
We offer free no obligation quotations, come fully insured and offer competitive prices, call us today on our number 0208 226 6330.