Problems with Rising Damp?
If you feel your home is suffering from rising damp, contact our professionals right away. Our team will be quick to assess your property by first of all taking an accurate moisture reading of your walls. Other visible indicators of increased rising damp include:
- Yellow or brown Salt marks on plasterwork and internal walls, usually by the skirting boards or bottom of the walls
- Mould or mildew forming on walls
- Flower-shaped, powdery salt deposits
- Decayed skirting boards
- Peeling wallpaper
- Flaking paint
- Damp and musty smell
Watch this video to find out more!
The causes of rising damp include:
- A lack of a proper damp proof course
- Damp proof failure due to the age of the building or improper installation
- Damp proof course breached by adjoining structure
- Poor plumbing
- Poor drainage
- Drainage sloping towards the building instead of away from it
- Faulty guttering, downpipes or roof tiles
Having rising damp in your home or office can seriously affect your health and that of your family. It can cause breathing difficulties and problems with the skin and eyes, so act fast and get expert analysis from our team.
How to treat rising damp in London
If your property in London is suffering from rising damp, there are a number of solutions.
Treatments for rising damp include:
- Digging up the existing damp course
- Rectifying and injecting chemicals into the walls
- Extracting the damaged bricks and swapping those out for new ones
- Replastering affected walls
- Installing a rising damp proof course
Contact us today to discuss your requirements and to arrange a site visit